- Evaluate and design electrical power solutions to be deployed for field needs, working alongside the power engineers and collaborating with peers at partner organizations and on the field.
- Evaluate various solutions
- Provide design, accounting for sustainability, retirement of old systems, initial and ongoing costs, alternate solutions, and documentation.
- Focus on solar power systems and low power computing.
- Provide troubleshooting analysis to identify and resolve problems with existing power systems.
- Improve power system solutions through research and innovation.
- Maintain and further develop technical skills, keeping abreast of new industry developments, conducting self-study and attending training.
- Represent Power Systems to customers and public in a professional manner to share information about solar power and related technologies.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Able to prioritize based on organization requirements and strategic benefit.
- Demonstrate consistency (fairness) and a Christ like and professional attitude toward customers and colleagues.
- Passionate about learning and keeping skills current.
- Demonstrate adaptability -- a willingness to follow emerging technology and trends and to adjust to changes in field methods for equipment use.
Education & Experience
- Associate degree Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2 years experience in "hands-on" electronic trouble-shooting and repair.
Dallas, TX - Founded in 1934
SIL is a global, faith-based nonprofit that works with local communities around the world to develop language solutions that expand possibilities for a better life.
Our faith inspires and informs our commitment to expand possibilities for people to thrive. We believe all people are created by God and given language as a means for flourishing. Through language, we understand who we are, experience relationships and explore life’s most important questions.