- Create technical training materials and workshops according to requirements
- Conduct software training workshops in person and online
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing publications
- Meeting with Language Technology staff and field personnel to understand the user community
- Participating as an integral and enthusiastic part of the team, exhibiting ownership, follow-through, initiative, awareness, and effective communication with peers and management
- Participate in regular project status, planning, partnership, and strategic meetings
- Be available to travel for international training events and workshops
- Be available to travel to meet with the larger department team at least once per year
- Be available to travel biennially to the Language Technology Conference
- Participate in professional conferences and meetings
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A servant heart attitude
- Demonstrated experience developing training materials and workshops
- Proven success in hosting training workshops
- Creativity, adaptability and the ability to work collaboratively with a team
- Good interpersonal skills of communication
- Good organizational skills
- The ability to make decisions in a timely manner
- The ability to generate multiple solutions to the problem
- The ability to quickly pick up technical concepts
- The ability to work both with a team and independently, and to multitask effectively
Education and Experience:
Technical Trainers need experience in developing technical training programs for an organization. Preferred experience in technical training and instructional design. Field experience with Language Technology applications is a plus. Bachelor’s degree in communications, computer science, or equivalent work experience is preferred, but we care more for a heart and mind that are always learning.
Training and Orientation:
Will complete the initial IT Software Department training program and relevant portions of IT Orientation.
Dallas, TX - Founded in 1934
SIL is a global, faith-based nonprofit that works with local communities around the world to develop language solutions that expand possibilities for a better life.
Our faith inspires and informs our commitment to expand possibilities for people to thrive. We believe all people are created by God and given language as a means for flourishing. Through language, we understand who we are, experience relationships and explore life’s most important questions.