- Develop and execute a comprehensive SEO strategy aimed at improving SIL's search engine rankings
- Conduct in-depth keyword research to identify high-ranking keywords that can be utilized across various digital platforms
- Continuously monitor, analyze, and report on key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the ROI of SEO initiatives
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including developers and content creators, to ensure alignment of SEO with broader marketing strategies
- Stay abreast of SEO industry trends, best practices, and algorithm updates
- Conduct A/B tests to refine existing SEO strategies based on user engagement metrics
- Assist in the development of high-quality, SEO-friendly content like blogs, articles, and landing page copy
- Work with social media and email marketing teams to coordinate multi-channel marketing strategies
- Be available to travel for international training events and workshops
- Be available to travel to meet with the larger department team at least once per year
- Be available to travel biennially to the Language Technology Conference
- Participate in professional conferences and meetings
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Comprehensive understanding of search engine algorithms, SEO best practices, and ranking signals.
- Proficient in analytics and SEO tools such as Google Analytics, Google Search Console, SEMrush, or Ahrefs.
- Exceptional skills in keyword research, competitive analysis, and on-page optimization.
- Strong analytical capabilities with experience in interpreting complex data and KPIs.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills of communication
- Good organizational skills
- The ability to make decisions in a timely manner
- The ability to generate multiple solutions to the problem
- The ability to quickly pick up technical concepts
- The ability to work both with a team and independently, and to multitask effectively
Education and Experience:
SEO Specialists need experience with WordPress or similar Content Management Systems (CMS). Familiarity with other digital marketing channels like PPC, email marketing, and social media is advantageous. Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or equivalent work experience is preferred, but we care more for a heart and mind that are always learning.
Training and Orientation:
Will complete the initial IT Software Department training program and relevant portions of IT Orientation. Ongoing training will be provided for Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and any other SEO tools pertinent to the role.
Dallas, TX - Founded in 1934
SIL is a global, faith-based nonprofit that works with local communities around the world to develop language solutions that expand possibilities for a better life.
Our faith inspires and informs our commitment to expand possibilities for people to thrive. We believe all people are created by God and given language as a means for flourishing. Through language, we understand who we are, experience relationships and explore life’s most important questions.