- Champion the team’s processes and development velocity to support our partners and our user community with alignment to the overall strategy and direction of the product
- Organize and manage deliverables around user research and the resulting insights
- Coordinate and align products’ long-term vision and strategy with the language programs’ vision and strategies
- Help to align product development priorities and processes with the language program’s roadmap
- Work with the Product Manager on yearly budget and funding proposals based on product roadmap
- Work with Product Manager and Leadership to support budget development and consistent reporting to partnerships
- Provide quarterly reports and requested metrics to Language Technology Leadership
- Research, champion, and deploy process management systems and applications
- Oversee and report progress on integration of the Agile software development methodologies with the language program’s methodologies.
- Lead regular project status, planning, partnership meetings.
- Support reporting any project hardware and software budget or immediate needs
- Be available to travel to meet with the larger development team at least once per year
- Be available to travel biennually to the Language Technology Conference
- Participate in professional conferences and meetings
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A servant heart attitude
- Demonstrated team influencer and leadership skills
- Demonstrated understanding of software development processes and methodologies
- Demonstrated skill in identifying and resolving complex team interaction and interdependencies affecting product development or priorities
- Demonstrated appreciation for quality user interface design
- Good interpersonal skills of communication
- Good organizational skills
- The ability to quickly analyze and learn a large existing product offering
- The ability to make decisions in a timely manner
- The ability to generate/analyze multiple solutions to a problem
- The ability to quickly pick up technical concepts
- The ability to work both with a team and independently, and to multitask effectively
Education and Experience:
Project Managers should have experience in managing projects for software engineering teams, a strong understanding of the software development lifecycle, and experience leading development teams in a project management role. Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent work experience is preferred, but we care more for a heart and mind that are always learning. 3 to 5 years’ experience in Project Management for software development teams preferred. PMP certification is a strong plus.
Training and Orientation:
Will complete the initial IT Software Department training program and relevant portions of IT Orientation.
Dallas, TX - Founded in 1934
SIL is a global, faith-based nonprofit that works with local communities around the world to develop language solutions that expand possibilities for a better life.
Our faith inspires and informs our commitment to expand possibilities for people to thrive. We believe all people are created by God and given language as a means for flourishing. Through language, we understand who we are, experience relationships and explore life’s most important questions.