Work with the Software Developer(s) to design, develop, and deploy software applications, new features, and defect fixes as assigned
Participate as an integral and enthusiastic part of the team
Analyze software requirements by working with the Software Developer(s)
Write technical reference documentation for the new software
Participate in regular project status and planning meetings
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A servant heart attitude
- Demonstrated skills in software development and algorithms
- Demonstrated passion for programming and solving complex problems
- Good interpersonal skills of communication
- Good organizational skills
- The ability to quickly analyze and learn a large existing codebase
- The ability to make decisions in a timely manner
- The ability to generate multiple solutions to the problem
- The ability to quickly pick up technical concepts
- The ability to work both with a team and independently, and to multitask effectively
Education and Experience:
Software Developer Interns should have experience in software development and a good understanding of the software development lifecycle. Pursuing a degree in computer science or equivalent work experience is preferred, but we care more for a heart and mind that are always learning.
Training and Orientation:
Will complete relevant portions of the initial IT Software Department training program and IT Orientation.
Dallas, TX - Founded in 1934
SIL is a global, faith-based nonprofit that works with local communities around the world to develop language solutions that expand possibilities for a better life.
Our faith inspires and informs our commitment to expand possibilities for people to thrive. We believe all people are created by God and given language as a means for flourishing. Through language, we understand who we are, experience relationships and explore life’s most important questions.