- Design feature-level user experiences as a member of a cross-functional software product team
- Understand users and their experiences
- Synthesize and communicate needs and research
- Create prototypes to express design ideas and learn from users
- Participate in UX/UI testing
- Articulate design decisions
- Participate as an integral and enthusiastic part of the team, exhibiting ownership, follow-through, initiative, awareness, and effective communication with peers and management.
- Work with the team around a cohesive product roadmap
- Propose refinements to processes and systems for design and user research
- Contribute to the development of team culture
- Analyze software requirements by consulting with the user community
- Participate in regular project status, planning, partnership, and strategic meetings
- Be available to travel to meet with the larger development team at least once per year
- Be available to travel biannually to the Language Technology Conference
- Participate in professional conferences and meetings
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A servant heart attitude
- Demonstrated skills in UX/UI design
- Demonstrated user interface design skills
- Demonstrated passion for solving complex problems.
- Good interpersonal skills of communication
- Good organizational skills
- The ability to work within an agile software development team
- The ability to make decisions in a timely manner
- The ability to generate multiple solutions to the problem
- The ability to quickly pick up technical concepts
- The ability to work both with a team and independently, and to multitask effectively
Education and Experience:
UX/UI Designers should have experience in software engineering and a good understanding of the software development lifecycle. Bachelor's degree preferably in design, information management, psychology, cognition, art, human computer interaction, interactive media, interaction design, human factors, cognition psychology, cognitive science, informatics, design, business, or computer science, or equivalent of 2-5 years of professional experience in software, design, information, or communications that demonstrates an ability to contribute meaningfully to shipped projects, even if a significant portion of the portfolio is school work.
Training and Orientation:
Will complete the initial IT Software Department training program and relevant portions of IT Orientation.
Dallas, TX - Founded in 1934
SIL is a global, faith-based nonprofit that works with local communities around the world to develop language solutions that expand possibilities for a better life.
Our faith inspires and informs our commitment to expand possibilities for people to thrive. We believe all people are created by God and given language as a means for flourishing. Through language, we understand who we are, experience relationships and explore life’s most important questions.