- Design, develop, and deploy test software
- Perform code reviews
- Execute test automation and triage test results
- Work with product teams to collaborate, review, and deliver high quality applications
- Participate as an integral and enthusiastic part of the team, exhibiting ownership, follow-through, initiative, awareness, and effective communication with peers and management.
- Work with the team around a cohesive product roadmap
- Analyze software requirements by consulting with the product team
- Write technical reference documentation for the test software
- Participate in regular project status, planning, partnership, and strategic meetings
- Be available to travel to meet with the larger development team at least once per year
- Be available to travel biennially to the Language Technology Conference
- Participate in professional conferences and meetings
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A servant heart attitude
- Demonstrated proficiency in the Software Development Testing process: different levels, types, and methods of testing such as unit, functional, negative, integration, performance, reliability, stress, user scenario, visual
- Knowledge of Black, Grey, and White box testing.
- Detail-oriented; committed to high quality standards of workmanship
- Good interpersonal skills of communication
- Good organizational skills
- The ability to make decisions in a timely manner
- The ability to generate multiple solutions to the problem
- The ability to quickly pick up technical concepts
- The ability to work both with a team and independently, and to multitask effectively
Education and Experience:
Software Developers (Quality Picture) should have experience in software engineering, a good understanding of the software development lifecycle, and software test automation. Preferred experience includes: Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in/or equivalent experience in computer science. Experience with automated testing of application user interfaces and REST APIs is also desired, but we care more for a heart and mind that are always learning.
Training and Orientation:
Will complete the initial IT Software Department training program and relevant portions of IT Orientation. "
Dallas, TX - Founded in 1934
SIL is a global, faith-based nonprofit that works with local communities around the world to develop language solutions that expand possibilities for a better life.
Our faith inspires and informs our commitment to expand possibilities for people to thrive. We believe all people are created by God and given language as a means for flourishing. Through language, we understand who we are, experience relationships and explore life’s most important questions.