- Convert non-Keyman keyboards into the Keyman format
- Review and approve keyboards submitted to the Keyman repository
- Document keyboard-related processes
- Help to maintain the Keyman GitHub repository
- Test keyboards as a member of a group of testers
- Synthesize and communicate needs and research
- Articulate design decisions
- Participate as an integral and enthusiastic part of the team, exhibiting ownership, follow-through, initiative, awareness, and effective communication with peers and management.
- Work with the team around a cohesive product roadmap
- Propose refinements to processes and systems for design and user research
- Contribute to the development of team culture
- Analyze software requirements by consulting with the user community
- Participate in regular project status, planning, partnership, and strategic meetings
- Be available to travel to meet with the larger development team at least once per year
- Be available to travel biannually to the Language Technology Conference
- Participate in professional conferences and meetings
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A servant heart attitude
- Demonstrated skills in keyboard development
- Good interpersonal skills of communication
- Good organizational skills
- The ability to make decisions in a timely manner
- The ability to work both with a team and independently, and to multitask effectively
Education and Experience:
Keyboard Developers should have experience in data management and, ideally, GitHub. Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent work experience is preferred, but we care more for a heart and mind that are always learning. Sociolinguistic exposure and multicultural experience helpful
Training and Orientation:
Will complete the initial IT Software Department training program and relevant portions of IT Orientation.
Dallas, TX - Founded in 1934
SIL is a global, faith-based nonprofit that works with local communities around the world to develop language solutions that expand possibilities for a better life.
Our faith inspires and informs our commitment to expand possibilities for people to thrive. We believe all people are created by God and given language as a means for flourishing. Through language, we understand who we are, experience relationships and explore life’s most important questions.