- Champion the teams, partners, and user community under your leadership
- Create the team's long-term vision and strategy
- Align the team around a cohesive strategic plan
- Work with your teams and the Language Technology leadership team on yearly roadmap, budget, and funding proposals
- Work with Language Technology Leadership to develop and grow partnerships
- Provide quarterly reports and requested metrics to Language Technology Leadership
- Lead performance reviews and goal discussions for your team
- Participate in regular project status, planning, partnership, operational, and strategic meetings
- Be available to travel to meet with the larger development team at least once per year
- Be available to travel biannually to the Language Technology Conference
- Participate in professional conferences and meetings
Directors should have experience in leadership, operational management, fiscal management, personnel management, and strategic planning. Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business administration, communication, organizational leadership, appropriate technical area, or equivalent work experience preferred, but we care more for a heart and mind that are always learning. 3 to 5 years’ experience leading teams is preferred.
- A servant heart attitude
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Demonstrated fiscal and personnel management experience
- Good interpersonal skills of communication
- Good organizational skills
- The ability to make decisions in a timely manner
- The ability to work both with a team and independently, and to multitask effectively
Will complete the initial IT Software Department training program and relevant portions of IT Orientation.
Dallas, TX - Founded in 1934
SIL is a global, faith-based nonprofit that works with local communities around the world to develop language solutions that expand possibilities for a better life.
Our faith inspires and informs our commitment to expand possibilities for people to thrive. We believe all people are created by God and given language as a means for flourishing. Through language, we understand who we are, experience relationships and explore life’s most important questions.