- Analyzing the needs of the customers to find solutions to address their problems.
- Organizing the Product Backlog based on the prioritization provided by the Product Manager.
- Collaborate with the Product Manager building User Stories according to the requirements and making sure that they meet the acceptance criteria.
- Suggest and improve requirements by working with the Product Manager and stakeholders with an understanding of the scope.
- Solicit feedback from user communities to help inform the project team.
- Work with product teams to collaborate, review, and deliver high quality applications
- Participate as an integral and enthusiastic part of the team, exhibiting ownership, follow-through, initiative, awareness, and effective communication with peers and management.
- Work with the team around a cohesive product roadmap
- Interact with user support personnel to identify areas in need of improvement
- Use existing analytics and suggest new analytics to help identify high impact changes
- Analyze software and performance requirements by consulting with the product team
- Effectively document and communicate insights and plans to cross-functional team members and leadership
- Participate in regular project status, planning, partnership, and strategic meetings
- Be available to travel to meet with the larger development team at least once per year
- Be available to travel biannually to the Language Technology Conference
- Participate in professional conferences and meetings
- A servant heart attitude
- Demonstrated experience with hosted and cloud based solutions.
- Demonstrated experience with the design and implementation of APIs
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple websites
- Demonstrated skills in software development and algorithms
- Demonstrated passion for programming and solving complex problems
- Good interpersonal skills of communication
- Good organizational skills
- The ability to quickly analyze and learn a large existing codebase
- The ability to make decisions in a timely manner
- The ability to generate multiple solutions to the problem
- The ability to quickly pick up technical concepts
- The ability to work both with a team and independently, and to multitask effectively
Education & Experience
Business Analysts should have experience in business analysis and a good understanding of the software development lifecycle. Preferred experience includes: Bachelor's/Master's degree in/or equivalent experience in business analysis or equivalent work experience preferred, but we care more for a heart and mind that are always learning.
Will complete the initial IT Software Department training program and relevant portions of IT Orientation.
Dallas, TX - Founded in 1934
SIL is a global, faith-based nonprofit that works with local communities around the world to develop language solutions that expand possibilities for a better life.
Our faith inspires and informs our commitment to expand possibilities for people to thrive. We believe all people are created by God and given language as a means for flourishing. Through language, we understand who we are, experience relationships and explore life’s most important questions.